Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.
Patriot Knowledge Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided.

+2
andrew jackson
ParamilUSMC
6 posters

Go down

Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided. Empty Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided.

Post  ParamilUSMC Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 am

So at times I become rather literal, and this has been on my mind for a few days; and thought it would make for some good intelligent conversation amongst members. First lets explore a few definitions...

The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:

The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

Definition of patriot according to the Oxford Dictionary
noun

A person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors:

So a few thoughts come to mind after reading those two definitions. What if a patriot; in defense of their country and way of life used unlawful (in the eyes of their government because we know that our gov doesnt give two ***** about our constitution) violence to inoculate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate (corrupt) governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological (exactly whats happening now).

Think about it. Most Americans are disgusted at the way the white house wont even call a Christmas tree by its proper name, instead they call it a "holiday tree". In how we cannot as a nation talk about god, and how often the statement of a nation under god has been under heavy attack because of its use in our pledge of allegiance. Most Americans want to get back to this, back to the world we grew up in, back when being politically correct wasn't even on the table, it didn't even exist. So that's religious.

Political: I think we can all agree our government has become to corrupt and in debt to be allowed to stay in power. Am I saying overthrow the gov. Not necessarily. But look at all the people preaching armed marches on Washington, starting a revolution, starting a new civil war and the list goes on; mostly triggered by the infringement of the gov. on our GOD given right to keep and bear arms.

Ideology: A system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy Such as our constitution. The fact that our constitutional rights are being violated and shredded by our government and unfortunately the people we placed in power; has really upset allot of people. Again to the American people are challenging law enforcement to "come try and take my guns".

Well I have a feeling according to the definition, that our gov will officially label an uprising by the American People as Domestic terrorism. HMmmmm? Where have I heard that before? The Patriot Act maybe, the National Defense act? So why does all this matter? Think about the war we have been fighting for almost twelve years now. Our gov. uses labels to desensitize people by calling them something other than people. Labeling them by other names like Charlie (Vietnam), Krout (WW I &II), Jap (WW II) and terrorist (current). Think about this, do you think that every (towel head) that picked up a rifle during this conflict was really a terrorist? Or were they perhaps concerned citizens that now have a foreign power occupying their home, their land, their country? Now I am not a sympathizer with the arab world. I don't agree with their religion. But what would you do if another country or even the UN was to occupy your home, your land, your country and engage anyone that had guns or confiscated any guns you may have?

What I am saying is this, if we were to wage another revolution of sorts, we would also be labeled by our gov. And most likely again we would be labeled as domestic terrorists per definition and the Gov. The Gov would use that to use its own troops against Americans who just want to see this country go back to the way it was suppose to be. I'm not saying don't start a revolution either, what I am saying is this, be ready to face a seasoned military (possibly/probably the UN, because I know allot of US servicemen that would rather get dishonorably discharged then kill Americans) that has years of training, and decent gear. And ask yourself, are you ready or are you really willing to take that risk?

Our forefathers would have been labeled as domestic terrorists by Britain under this definition, while people sympathetic to the cause would have been labeled by their own as Patriots. There is a thin line here in terms, but we all know the difference.

I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts and opinions here.

Know that for one that I believe in our constitution, and I swore and oath many years ago and subsequent years after that at each reenlistment. That oath will be mine till I fall breathless. And I do truly believe it is worth dieing for. We have allowed our gov to become to powerful, and now we are all paying the price, and I am sure the buck won't stop their.
ParamilUSMC
ParamilUSMC
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided. Empty Re: Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided.

Post  andrew jackson Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 pm

I will NOT be infringed. I have served in the USMC for just over 2 years now and have 3 more left. I will NOT disarm Americans. I will NOT FIRE on AMERICANS unless in defense of first my family, friends, self, and freedom. I swore an oath to the Constitution which I take seriously. If things go south, I side with the side that supports freedom. If I die, I die a free man.

If openly saying such a thing makes the government say I am a terrorist, then I am sickeningly appalled at the DHS punk that puts me on the list. And quite frankly it would be the pot calling the kettle at that point because DHS IS a terrorist organization as far as I am concerned. Why is it Americans are more afraid of DHS, and its sub agencies such as TSA than Al Qaeda?

andrew jackson

Back to top Go down

Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided. Empty Re: Patriot or Terrorist? Your government has already decided.

Post  SSG Nasty Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 am

Janet Napolitano has already labeled vets as terrorists. And to think, I used to like her when she was our Governor.
But times change and so did she. She can say a lot since she's got all that security surrounding her, but I have heard that some of them are discontented.
SSG Nasty
SSG Nasty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:44 am

The chess-pieces are being moved. Our Government is publicly saying that gun-owners and veterans are "extreme right-wing" and that we represent a potential domestic threat. The US Attorney General is researching the legalities of killing American citizens and DHS is stocked on ammo and putting drones in the air. The NDAA which allows for the indefinite detainment/imprisonment of US citizens has recently passed and was signed. Our Legislative and Executive branches are actually considering these anti-gun measures. If one, JUST ONE, of the conservatives in the US Supreme Court was to die or retire, we would lose the 2nd in a second. It really is scary times we live in. Keep your powder dry, brothers...
Paladin
Paladin
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc_Shane Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 pm

A lot of us vets have some really unique skill sets, not a group that I would want to count as my enemy.
Doc_Shane
Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SSG Nasty Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am

I don't think they realize that, Doc. Or maybe they do and that is why we are put on the list. They may realize that they have a lot more to worry about with all of us roaming around in civilian clothes.
SSG Nasty
SSG Nasty

Back to top Go down

Post  ParamilUSMC Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 am

The problem is not that we don't have the right skills, or the right training. The vets out there are an awesome pleathera of firepower and knowledge. the problem is just short of the VFW we don't have any leadership once we get out of the military. We don't have groups! A true force to be reckoned with is us Vets with some type of leadership and organization. We would surely be labelled a terrorist faction then. But seriously, we need to turn into one large MAG.
ParamilUSMC
ParamilUSMC
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  RhythmKing Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am

What is taking place is the deliberate destruction of this country. I take is as a given to one day be considered a terrorist, not just because of my love for this country but also for the Fundamentalist Christian views I hold dear. Everything that has made this nation great is to be desecrated and marginalized. It will all be deemed as hate and if you even speak of it you will be subject to penalty. That is why it is so important to be networking in your community and preparing for the coming storm.
Just think about it. This administration considers veterans to be potential terrorists, yet did nothing when real terrorist murdered Americans in Benghazi. Instead, they blamed a video. Some very brave and honorable men gave their live protecting the ambassador, yet Hillary says during testimony that it was no big thing and to get over it. Her assistant is a Muslim extremist, by the way.
Now, we find out that we are exporting 16 F-16's and 200 Abrams tanks to Egypt. Their leader has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and has said that the U.S. is his enemy. Coincidence? I don't think so.
We are blatantly ignoring the real threats taking place all over the world and choosing to focus on the imaginary ones in this country. We arm countries that sponsor terror, but seek to disarm our own people. We refuse to close our borders and allow unfetterred access to this country to all sorts of narco terrorists, then decry the rise in violent crime. All the while we see programs like Fast and Furious take place, and nobody goes to jail for such blatant criminal acts. Now they want to give the illegal amnesty. It all makes me sick.

RhythmKing

Back to top Go down

Post  SSG Nasty Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm

ParamilUSMC wrote:The problem is not that we don't have the right skills, or the right training. The vets out there are an awesome pleathera of firepower and knowledge. the problem is just short of the VFW we don't have any leadership once we get out of the military. We don't have groups! A true force to be reckoned with is us Vets with some type of leadership and organization. We would surely be labelled a terrorist faction then. But seriously, we need to turn into one large MAG.

Currently looking at militia groups here in AZ. Be interesting to see what restrictions come into play with our current administration, especially with the current relief of Gen Mattis.
SSG Nasty
SSG Nasty

Back to top Go down

Post  RhythmKing Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

I had checked out a group in my area a while back. I wasn't comfortable with several members. They seemed a bit unstable and likely to get me into trouble. I'm not against action when it becomes necessary. I just don't see much sense in running my mouth. Instead, I've gotten to know my neighbors better and kept things general. Kind of like, "If it all goes south, I'll help you if you'll help me". I avoid trash talkers at all cost. They bring a lot of heat and very little light.

RhythmKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down