Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.
Patriot Knowledge Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you using and why?

4 posters

Go down

What are you using and why? Empty What are you using and why?

Post  Doc_Shane Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:33 pm

What are you packing your gear in for the long haul?

Why did you choose the pack you have?

Have you made modifications to it?

Would you change what you use based on experiences?
Doc_Shane
Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

What are you using and why? Empty Re: What are you using and why?

Post  Jerry D Young Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

I use a Kifaru Marauder and Kifaru E&E, plus a game cart with Rubbermaid Action Packer totes.

No mods, just the options. The Marauder has the gun bearer option, load shelf option, and Omni belt options. The E&E has the piggyback option to go onto the Marauder.

I did a lot of research before purchasing the pack I thought might have to last me a lifetime. Kifaru kept coming out on top. I've been more than happy with them, and will get additional packs as needed for specific issues.

The more I use them, the better I like them.

Just my opinion.

Jerry D Young
Jerry D Young
Patriot Laureate Emeritus
Patriot Laureate Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  ParamilUSMC Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 am

I use the Eberlestock Terminator pack with rifle scabbard.

And here is why. I got to use it once in the field and loved it, really comfortable and fully adjustable. Plus, When I bug out I plan on doing so with more than one rifle. I trained for years on a bolt gun and plan on having old faithful with me if the SHTF. But how to carry two rifles? The scabbard takes care of that. So MBR in hand, long gun in the pack concealed and out of sight. Even if I didn't have the long gun back there and I wanted to go into an area and not freak everyone out I could use the scabbard for the MBR and no one would be the wiser. I like the extra pouches/pockets, (internal and external) they come in super handy. I have not added any accessories or made any modifications, but have several times played with how I was going to load it. The top comes off and can be used as a minimalist kit. So if I have to move fast and cant haul this monster around at the speed I need to move I can drop the pack, sling the long gun and take the top part and evac out of the area faster than I could if I had the whole pack. So allot of thinking went into making this $400 purchase. But after five years of humping it around and putting it through its paces I cant find anything to complain about. Its a great very well made pack.

Link for S and G: http://eberlestock.com/F4%20Terminator.htm
ParamilUSMC
ParamilUSMC
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  canman Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 am

For long travel type camping trips I use a Kelty Coyote 80. Fits everything including a small tent. For local, tactical or USR searches I use a heavily modified Medium ALICE.
canman
canman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum