Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.
Patriot Knowledge Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modular Kit Approach

2 posters

Go down

Modular Kit Approach Empty Modular Kit Approach

Post  Doc_Shane Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 am

I have advocated using a modular approach to setting up FAK's for years, there are several benefits of this.

1. Adaptability- you can reconfigure your kit quickly based on what you are doing.

2. User Friendly- if you build modules and teach others your system then everyone in your group can quickly locate essential equipment in emergencies.

3. Organization- at a glance you can see what is low, out of date, etc. allowing for stock rotation. (use expired supplies for training).

Remember your IFAK is for you not others, so you need to stress that each person has an IFAK, but prepare a general response kit as well.

In emergency medicine, most of the time the very basic skills are what is needed. There is a saying "Paramedics save lives, EMT's save Paramedics".

The premise behind this was some tend to focus on advanced skills and overlook basic lifesaving techniques.

Last edited by Doc_Shane on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc_Shane
Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Modular Kit Approach Empty Re: Modular Kit Approach

Post  Paladin Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 am

Do you have a link to the kit your referring to? I've been kicking around buying one of the Gall's kits. They appear to be pretty well stocked, but I'm no Corpsman...
Paladin
Paladin
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc_Shane Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm

The referenced kit is still on SB, I am working on hosting the pics and reposting it here, that reference was a copy and paste error Suspect
Doc_Shane
Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum