Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.
Patriot Knowledge Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get trained....... now.

2 posters

Go down

Get trained....... now. Empty Get trained....... now.

Post  Doc_Shane Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm

To me it is irresponsible to be a gun owner and not have at a minimum basic first aid/cpr training you never know when your skills will be needed.

Check out your local Red Cross, Volunteer Fire Dept., etc. and see what training they are hosting.

Then if you are bitten by the bug you can always advance your skills to First Responder, EMT, etc. there are some great Wilderness/Remote Medical Skills courses out there.

And for those with cast iron stomach there are the tactical medicine courses, learn to do some really cool things under high stress conditions.

But the bottom line is you need the skills.
Doc_Shane
Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Get trained....... now. Empty Re: Get trained....... now.

Post  Paladin Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree. I've been trying to find an EMT course I can get into for a while now. Unfortunately, my work schedule has me out of town for a few days at a time, making it very difficult to take an EMT course at the local college. I think my next step is to see if the local volunteer FD needs another guy. Hopefully I can get the training there.

Because I was a first responder in the military, I got just enough medical training to probably speed up someone's demise! I did get CPR/AED and Combat Lifesaver (CLS) training while I was on AD, but those skills are perishable and I need a refresher! Not to mention, I'd like some more trauma training for dealing with stuff like gunshot wounds.

This is a very important subject and I'm glad it has it's own forum. In a post-SHTF world, access to emergency medicine is going to be very limited or non-existent. Even a relatively minor wound without medical attention could be your end.
Paladin
Paladin
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum